3D Motion Capture Bike Fit for a New Bike Purchase including Frame Finder: $275
- Bio mechanical analysis
- Cycling-specific flexibility/functional strength assessment
- Dynamic data capture of bilateral 3D body movements to determine optimal position
- Real-time recording of power output and physiologic response to help determine optimal position
- Comprehensive digital reports of 3D and 2D body parameters, 3D bicycle fit coordinates, and bike frame geometry
- Accurate and objective recommendation of optimal frame geometry and parts
Retul Muve Dynamic Fit Bike Fit your bike before you buy it!
What is Retül?
The retul system is the only motion-capture technology on the market that allows bike fitters to fit the cyclist dynamically while using three dimensional-angles to analyze the ride's biomechanics. The Retul software captures thousands of data point from cycling specific movements, and inputs real-time data into a personalized customer fit report.
Retul has become the most advanced bicycle fitting system available today. The old way of measuring a fitter involved tape measures and plumb bobs. These type of tools do not allow for accurate measurements while the rider is pedaling. The Retul system reads the body in 3D, while the body is actually in motion. Retul is taking the guesswork out of measuring, while providing the bike rider with an accurate data set available in bike fitting. By using the Retul System, this will allow the rider to have a "true fit" to the bike allowing for maximum results while avoiding injury and discomfort.
WHAT ARE THE KEY CONCEPTS OF THE RETÜL FIT SYSTEM?
Retül bike fit technology incorporates three main data points in fit theory:
- Bike Fits Must be Dynamic: Most bike fitting specialists fit riders in a static position. This is because the traditional tools of the trade - tape measures and plumb bobs - do not allow accurate measurements while the rider is pedaling. Using motion capture technology, Retül records the rider's positions in motion, therefore creating the most realistic picture of the rider's actual pedal strokes and body positions when out on the road and trails.
- Measurements Must be Accurate:Measurements made by traditional tools have one thing in common. They are subject to human error and therefore can be devastatingly inaccurate. Even slight inaccuracies can drastically change the rider's feel after a ride. The Retül system is accurate to within less than a millimeter, creating true objective data which can be utilized by the fitter for the perfect biomechanical fit.
- Biomechanics are Best Assessed in Three-Dimensional Space: it data collected in a traditional two-dimensional plane (i.e. video-based systems) is fairly limited because the fitter can only look at one view at a time, and those views stand as independent reference points. In order to make the best fit recommendations, the fitter must realize that the front and side views are actually interdependent reference points. In other words, the front and side views must be viewed simultaneously in three dimensions in order to see how all the applicable movements of the body are working together. Retül uses a 3D motion sensor to simultaneously gatherdata on multiple angles of the rider.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A BIKE FIT WITH RETÜL ?
Retül technology is available at over 300 locations worldwide. Each bike fitter operates independently, so it is important to learn about the experience and training of your local bike fitter. Fitting styles and philosophies vary among fitters using Retül, but one thing remains the same - Retül technology provides the fitter with the most accurate bike fit data available and will assist the bike fitter in making sound fit decisions.
A bike fit using Retül technology typically includes the following steps:
- The fitter does an initial physical assessment of the rider, and at this point can address the rider's concerns about performance, pain, or any other issues the rider hopes to alleviate during the bike fit. Once this is completed, the Retül process truly begins.
- LED markers are strategically placed on eight anatomical points of the rider: the wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle, heel, and toe.
- As the rider pedals, Retül's sensor bar gathers real-time, three-dimensional data of the rider's pedal strokes and movements. Retül's rotating platform allows the fitter to collect data for both sides of the rider without the rider leaving the bike.
- The rider's data is compiled into a reader-friendly report for analysis by the fitter. The fitter can then assess the rider's position and make necessary adjustments.
- he Zin, Retül's handheld digitizer, allows the fitter to digitally measure the rider's bike at 13-15 points, depending on the bike. The Zin can measure fixed points, contours, and curves, and provides a complete digital map of the bike.
- The fit information is saved and stored on the fitter's computer. The data includes the rider's personal profile, specific data and measurements from the fit, bike measurements, and the rider's final fit position. The fitter will be able to access and print these records for comparison and tracking of historical fit data for the client.
Available at Racer Sportif Oakville, 151 Robinson Street, 905 815 2100
By Appointment ONLY, Call to book your appointment NOW