Shimano Dura Ace R9100 Mechanical Groupset
Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 11 Speed Groupset
The concept behind the new Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 groupset was to examine and improve every component to optimise the input and maximise the output. Or to put it another way, to minimise the energy loss between the effort a rider puts in and the performance he or she achieves.
Each component has been re-engineered to ensure maximum stiffness, performance and minimum weight.
Dura-Ace R9100 Crankset:
The Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 Compact Chainset has been completely re-designed to offer the very best combination of light weight and stiffness. It features Shimano's iconic 4 arm hollow spider that is made from hollow-forged aluminium.
Although the crank arms and spider arms are noticeably bigger, which increases stiffness, the overall weight has dropped by 7g over the previous edition of Dura Ace.
The crankset has been adapted to work with disc brake road bikes that generally have 135mm rear hub spacing and shorter chainstays without the need to increase Q-factor thanks to its wider chainring spacing.
- Enhanced design saves 7g while maintaining rigidity
- Iconic 4-arm construction maintains high rigidity and reduces weight
- Optimised crank arm design strengthens key stress zones
- New chainring tooth profile is adapted for race bike specific disc brake systems
- Accommodates shorter chainstays (410mm) with 135mm OLD
- Hollowglide chainring construction maintains smooth shifting whilst reducing weight and increasing stiffness
Dura-Ace R9100 2x11sp STI Shifter Set:
The Dura-Ace 9100 shifters have received an overhaul over previous editions with the aim of improving ergonomics and shifting efficiency. They now feature a re-designed brake hood that is more comfortable to grip, especially for those with smaller hands. The shifters also offer up to 14mm of reach adjustment.
The rear shifter features an improved lever stroke that is shorter than previous editions. This allows for quicker shifts and requires less effort from the rider. The front shifter features a lighter lever swing for a more linear stroke.
- Pattern hood design offers better grip in all conditions
- Quick and intuitive rear shifting operation
- Shorter lever stroke
- Redesigned internal shifting unit
- Lighter front shifting operation
- Comfortable grip and operation
- More customisable and precise lever position
- Expanded reach adjustment range (14mm)
- Weight: 365g (pair)
Dura-Ace R9100 Rear Derailleur:
The Dura-Ace R9100 rear derailleur takes the Shadow technology from its mountain bike range and introduces it to the road. The shadow design places the rear derailleur under the chainstay and cassette to give a slimmer profile, which not only helps with aerodynamics but also offers extra protection in crashes.
The Shadow design offers faster wheel changes thanks to the fact that it moves the derailleur out of the way of the dropouts. It also offers faster and more precise shifting than ever before.
- Maximum Sprocket: 30T
- Minimum Sprocket: 11T
- Maximum Front Difference: 16T
- Total Capacity: 35T
- Stable shifting performance
- Pulley maintains the same distance to the cog as you shift
- Shimano Shadow RD construction
- Low profile rear derailleur design
- Race endurance for less damage in crash
- Adapted for race specific frame design
- Weight: 158g
Dura-Ace R9100 11sp Braze On Front Mech:
The Dura-Ace R9100 front mech has been redesigned to be smaller, more efficient and provide faster and crisper shifting. The internal toggle mechanism provides greater clearance for larger tyres and it now features a built in cable tension adjustment bolt meaning there is no need for inline barrel adjusters.
- Top Gear Teeth: 46-55T
- Chain Stay Angle: 61-66
- Chain Line: 43.5
- Lighter and intuitive shifting operation
- Natural front shift lever stroke
- More ergonomic power curve
- Precise & easy front derailleur set up
- More cable routing options
- Integrated cable tension adjustment
- New link (Toggle) construction means there is no need for TL-FD90 and turning converter assembling
- Adjustable cable tension on the front derailleur
- Adapted for race specific frame design
- Weight: 69g
Dura-Ace R9100 Road Brake Caliper Set:
The Dura-Ace 9100 brakes have been developed to offer greater tyre clearance for up to 28c tyres while still maintaining the aerodynamic advantage of previous editions. They are now also up to 43% stiffer than previous Dura-Ace brake calipers and offer a linear braking curve for improved feel and function.
- Mount Type: SLR EV Dual Pivot
- The best balance between rigidity, weight and stopping power
- More predictable, linear braking curve
- Clear contact feeling with better linearity
- More aerodynamic QR lever
- Sleek design
- Less gap between each arm
- Better clearance with wider tyre (up to 28c)
- Weight: 326g (Pair)
Dura-Ace R9100 Cassette:
Shimano have retained the traditional close ratio cassettes from previous editions of Dura-Ace, but with the new R9100 groupset they have introduced a wide range 11-30T cassette. All cassettes in the range will be compatible with the one rear derailleur so you can easily swap your cassettes out based on terrain.
The cassette is manufactured from a lightweight alloy and carbon fibre spider that houses alloy sprockets. The 5 largest sprockets are manufactured from titanium to keep the weight low. The sprockets are also extensively cut away and drilled to further reduce weight without reducing rigidity.
The very best and quickest shifts are optimised thanks to the Hyperglide EV sprockets that have a computer designed tooth configuration with contoured shift gates.
- Hyperglide EV sprockets have a computer designed tooth configuration with contoured shift gates, resulting in a crisp smooth shift even under load
- Close ratio gearing allows a more efficient use of energy through finer cadence control
- Largest sprockets are mounted on lightweight alloy and carbon carriers to reduce weight and increase rigidity
- 5 largest sprockets are made from titanium to reduce weight without sacrificing strength
- Sprockets are extensively cut away and drilled to further reduce weight without reducing rigidity
- Nickel-plated finish offers hard wearing resistance to corrosion
- Alloy cassette lockring
- Weight: 175g (11-25T), 193g (11-28T), 211g (11-30T), 189g (12-25T), 205g (12-28T)
Dura Ace 11-speed Chain CN-9000 114 Links:
The new symmetrical 11-speed Dura-Ace chain uses hollow pins for a light weight, PTFE coating for smooth shifts and offers increased durability.
- PTFE coating
- Increased durability (vs. CN-7900)
- Weight: 243g