Castelli Tempesta Race Jacket
The Gabba changed the way you dress for moderate conditions. So we brought Gabba-like construction to our top-of-the-line full-on rain jacket. But we needed some new technology. So we worked with eVent® to develop the lightest ever (and exclusive) version of their PTFE high-breathability membrane. We tested that with Team Cannondale-Garmin riders and got unanimous approval.
Cycling rain jackets have until recently really been repurposed mountaineering jackets: bulky construction, mountaineering fabrics, insufficient breathability, terrifying aerodynamics.
TIME TO RETHINK RAIN JACKETS
The new jacket had to be lighter, more compact to fit in a pocket, and more aero than ever before. So we also developed an extreme stretch version of the fabric to use on the shoulders, elbows and side panels. The resulting jacket fits close to the body and has minimal volume, yet without being too tight and binding when in the tuck position.
We thought through all the details. Like easy opening and closing cuffs. Like the fact that you don’t want to pull up the jacket to access your jersey pockets when it’s raining. Like making the zipper easy to open and close even though it’s completely waterproof. There’s so much innovation in this jacket that we think we’ve just invented another category changer.
- Exclusive ultralightweight 70 g eVent® fabric
- Stretch water- and windproof inserts at elbow, shoulder, side panel and spray flap
- YKK waterproof Vislon® zipper
- 2 external rear pockets
- Quick-lock drawstring wrist closure with magnetic string keeper
- Silicone elastic waistband
- Reflective trim for 360° visibility
- Fully taped seams for total waterproof construction
- Packs up small to easily store in jersey pocket
- Temperature Range: 6°-20°C / 43-68°F