Racer Sportif Soft Shell Bicycle Travel Case
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- Translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
A secure travel case for you bike doesn't have to be a completely hard shell. The appearance of a "bullet proof" like case, presents the a misconception for airline baggage handlers to treat your investment with disregard. Not only that, they are heavy, difficult to pack, and when opened by custom officials, are sometimes tricky to close back up with all it's contents secured. This resulting in a situation where your bike can be damaged. An entirely soft case is not the solution either.
The Racer Sportif Bicycle Travel Case is one of the best options when it comes to protecting your bike during travel. It combines all the positive aspects of a hard case for protection, but with all the versatility of a soft case. It is light, but has enough protection to keep your bike safe and sound. Tough and durable three ply canvas with padded reinforcing, surrounds an adjustable aluminum sub-frame, that locks the drop-outs of the front fork and rear end of the frame. Added structural reinforcement comes via three polycarbonite rods, that sleeve into the side of the main side panels of the case. Included are two wheel bags, and the ability to store 2 sets of wheels if required. Additional features are storage compartments for tools, and a travel pump.
Manuvering around the airport is a breeze, not only to the lightweight of the case, but thanks to oversized Polyurethane wheels, and two sturdy handles, located on the top, and bottom on the front portion of the case. When not in use, the case can collapse down to the size of a Golf bag.
Packing and unpacking your bike is fast and efficient.
- Remove and deflate your wheels, insert them into the wheel bags without skewers
- Secure the front fork and rear end of the frame into the sub frame. Close levers
- Shift rear derailleur all the way in so it sits in the middle of the stays
- Remove handlebar from stem face clamp, secure it in padded holder, and velcro it to the top tube of the frame
- Sandwich frame with wheel bags, and secure them with the fastening buckles
- Removing rear derailleur and pedals are optional.