Absolute Black Premium Oval Road Chainring
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- Translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
Advantages of Absolute Black Road Oval chainrings:
*One of a kind special oval shape that helps you climb easier and faster (Patent Pending)
*Over 15% stiffer than Rotor Qrings due to thicker, 5mm construction
*Bespoke Absolute Black 6 point ramp and recess shifting design shifts better than any other brand and model of oval chainring
*Finest design that provides excellent strength to weight ratio
*You will not "feel" the oval shape while pedaling
*Your pedaling action will feel smoother
*Helps reduce stress on knees and helping your legs remain fresher for longer
*You will be able to maintain better cadence while climbing
*Reduces possibility of leg cramps
*You will reduce chainring/cog shifts by at least 15%
What size should I choose?
* 34T inner chainring should be used with 50T outer ring. It has 6.5% ovality. Use a 34T to help with spinning higher cadence and hilly terrain.
* 36T inner chainring can be used with 50 or 52T outer ring. It has 11.4% ovality. Use a 36T if you’re a strong rider or for rolling terrain.
* 50T outer chainring – Choose this size if you ride for pleasure or sportive events. This is the most versatile and comfortable size.
* 52T outer chainring - if you race and feel strong, it's the classic outer chainring size and a great option for experienced riders.
Remember when selecting your chainring sizes - it's not about what others use, but about ensuring YOUR ability to maintain a comfortable and effective cadence across the terrain you ride most often. If you ride chainrings that are too large (round or oval), your cadence will be lower. This can affect your performance by prematurely tiring your legs and possibly lead to stress injury in your knee joints.
Shifting quality and technology
Both, inner and outer oval chainrings are optimized with smooth shifting in mind. This is why the back of the Absolute Black Oval road chainring does not feature cutouts, like other oval products on the market. Instead, we design smooth angled surfaces, to help chain to slide quickly and precisely between chainrings. Absolute Black outer oval chainrings have 6 up-shifting ramps, for easy and quick gear change, even under load. Each outer chainring also features 12 down-shifting points. Instead of steel shifting pins we use a CNC machined "ramp and recess" solution. Special raised ramps work in conjunction with the tooth recesses to stabilize the chain when shifting. Our oval chainrings DO NOT require any modification to the (standard) front dérailleur in order to work properly.